The Anomaly Project: Peer Leadership & Mentoring Program
An Invitation to Participate The Future Promises Foundation, Inc. would like to
The Future Promises Foundation, Inc., is proud to host our second Bus
The Future Promises Foundation, Inc., is proud to host a Bus Trip
No upcoming events scheduled...
Connect With Us
Follow us on Twitter
To receive live, up to date information, follow us on twitter.Follow us on Twitter
Life us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook for the latest information about programs and eventsLife us on Facebook
Become a Volunteer
From camps, to mentoring we could use your helpBecome a Volunteer
Attend an event
RSVP or get more information on eventsAttend an event
The Anomaly Project
The Anomaly project is a peer leadership and mentoring program that services approximately 200 minority males between their freshman and senior years of high-school..
With a primary focus being within Wilmington, Delaware, these young men are selected based on recommendations from family, friends, educators, parishioners and leaders from their communities. They represent the statistically disenfranchised families traditionally perceived as low income single family households.
- Resident of Wilmington, Delaware or surrounding areas within New Castle County
- Between the ages of 13-18
- Being raised in a single family household
- Parent/Guardian of applicant required to attend Orientation Seminar prior to the program start date
- Application requires a Video Submission.(YouTube/Google Account Required: Requirements for video will be set upon receipt of application.)
- Application Process will begin May 31st, 2019
About the Anomaly Project
1. something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
The mission of this program is “to teach young men the principles of becoming responsible and respectable young men as well as effectively equipping them with the necessary tools to excel beyond standard expectations of economic, social, and educational limitations”, that will position them as not only leaders within their communities but as strong, successful and confident men.
The program begins with a weekend camping trip to the Resort at Masseys Landing RV Retreat and Campground during which the young men are exposed to interactive workshops that focus on the importance of personal health and responsibility, team building, critical thinking and achieving ones dreams. Throughout the camp and program the young men will be introduce and paired with positive and professional role models within the communities that they live in.
This 2018 mentors cohort include:
- Verlin J. Alexander, III, Executive Director for The Future Promises Foundation, Inc.
- Levin Carn, Executive Director for Wilmington Wolfpack, Semi-Pro Football League
- Michael Cannon, Senior Scientist for Johnson & Johnson
August 16th – 18th, 2019